Sunday, September 2, 2007

Yes, I'm one proud MOM


Here is what I’m most proud of my oldest son Stewart serving in Afghanistan. Pictured here in the “Sand Box”. This past week has been a very tough one for all of us. We lost Staff Sgt. Nicholas Carnes a close friend of my sons serving with him in Afghanistan. Nick was a native of northern Kentucky. He died August 26 during a fire fight in Afghanistan. He was assigned to Battery A, 2nd Battalion, 138th Field Artillery, based in Carrollton, Kentucky. Nick was the second Kentucky Army National Guard soldier killed in Afghanistan.Services for 25-year-old Staff Sergeant Nicholas will be held Tuesday September 4th in Covington at St. Mary's Cathedral Basilica of the Assumption. He will be buried afterward at the Alexandria Cemetery in Alexandria.
I also want to thank all of you that have given me your card fronts and card to send to our Guard unit they do appreciate them.
Please keep our soldier and families in you thoughts and prayers.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Slide Show

Powered By Blogger
Powered by WebRing.