Sunday, November 11, 2007
Decorated Candles and Christmas Ornament
Stamp sets: Peaceful Wishes and All Holidays
1. Cut tissue paper to fit all the way around your candle, without any overhang.
2. Stamp the images randomly on tissue paper: pine needles in Old Olive, berries in Purely Pomegranate and pine cones in Close to Cocoa all Classic Ink.
3. After stamping your images, wrap the tissue paper around your candle. Use your Heat Tool to melt your tissue paper into your candle. The tissue paper will disappear and just your images will show – it will look like the images were stamped directly on the candle.
4. To add a little sparkle sprinkle Dazzling Diamonds Glitter into the wax while the candle is still warm. Tap off excess.
5. Reheat the so that the Glitter melts deeper into the wax.
6. To make the tag, fold a piece of Purely Pomegranate Cardstock in half. Then take your Large Tag Punch and punch out a tag so that the spine of the folded cardstock is slightly inside the punch – you want to leave it connected and not punch it apart.
7. Then use the Small Tag Punch to punch out a piece of Whisper White Cardstock. Stamp the Whisper White Cardstock randomly with the pine needles in Old Olive and the berries in Purely Pomegranate.
8. Mount the Whisper White Tag to the Purely Pomegranate Tag.
9. Punch a 1/16” hole in the top of the spine of the tag.
10. String Gold Elastic Cord through the hole and tie on with a piece of the Purely Pomegranate Satin Ribbon.
1. Ornament is the circle from On Board Accents.
2. Use your Coluzzle Cutter to cut circles the same size as the On Board Accents Circles out of your designer paper of choice. I used Holiday Harmony.
3. Adhere Designer Paper with Anywhere Glue Stick. Allow to dry.
4. Use a Sanding Block to burnish the edges.
5. Using your Crop-A-Dile, punch a 3/16” hole in the top of the chipboard. Push an Antique Brass Jumbo Eyelet through the hole and set it using the A1 setting.
6. String the Purely Pomegranate Double Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon through the whole and tie a knot at the top.
7. Use the Coluzzle Cutter to cut 2 circles slightly smaller than the previously ones out of Whisper White Cardstock and Metallic Gold.
8. Stamp the pine needles in Old Olive and the berries in Purely Pomegranate Classic Inks onto the Whisper White.
9. Stamp “Merry Christmas” from the stamp set Holiday Wishes in Gold Encore! Ink.
10. Use the 2-Way Glue Pen to add streaks along the pine needles and berries.
11. Sprinkle Dazzling Diamonds Glitter overtop of the 2-Way Glue Pen streaks.
12. Mount the stamped Whisper White and Gold circles to the ornament.
This is the Original Christmas Card from the "Peaceful Wishes"
Here is what I have been working on this weekend. The CARD KIT this month was a little different because of the upcoming holiday, it featured THREE different holiday sets. In addition instead of getting 4 different card designs to make they only had one, and direction for 3 different 3-D projects. Since my Wonderful Customers in West Chester are getting together to do put the kits together I came up with different designs anyway. So here they are!
This is all of them together I'm still working on my Photo taking skills.
I cannot believe it, I spent some time going through emails and checking out some blogs today. Susanna Boyd had a post 14 Free Stamp Sets for Bloggers so I added her to my Blog Roll. She was already on my best blog list. OMG I WON! Yep! I'm the luck one today. When you done here check Susanna's blog just click above. Have a great day everyone and thanks for stopping in!!
Monday, November 5, 2007
I received my Oriental Trading and set it aside not giving the cover a second thought, it has Christmas Tree's on the cover then I saw a post on a yahoo group and just had to give it a whirl. These are the first two. I got the cones at Hobby Lobby and I'm waiting on the cones from OT. I just love them. I'm going to make a trio for my Mother-in-Law as she has everything and is hard to buy for. I think she will really like them.
I have not put the topper on yet I'll make them all at one time. I'll post when I get them all done.
Thanks for stopping in have a great DAY!