Saturday, July 5, 2008

Small Legal Pad Holder with Pockets

I have some cleaning to do today but, I just don't feel like it! I know many of you fellow stamper can relate.....I decided to upload what I have been working on. This was shown to us at an SU event hosted by Ann Lightner a few levels above me by a
talented lady named Karen Faber. Here is my tutorial hope you like it!!

Supplies:
12 x 12 Black Cardstock
Designer Series Paper
Small legal pad 5 x 8
Paper cutter with scoring blade or Scor-pal
Sticky Strip
Bone Folder
Crop-A-Dile
Corner Rounder
Embellishments: as desired
Jumbo Eyelets, Ribbon & Chip Board


1. Start with your 12 x 12 piece of Cardstock and score at 3-1/2" from one end.


2. Turn your Cardstock 90 degrees, and score at 1/2" and 5-7/8" from each side. This will give an approximate 1/4" spine. (you are scoring on both left and right sides (4) scores in all {1/2" & 5-7/8" from each end}

(If you prefer a thicker spine, decrease the second score dimension. If you decrease to 5-3/4" this will produce a 1/2" spine.


Be sure to measure the thickness of your legal pad at the top thickest part. Also consider what you may be putting in the pocket.)








Note: when using Scor-pal to score for the 5-7/8" I move my paper to the right 1/4" and score at 6" then I flip the cardstock and do it again. LOVE my Scor-pal...


3. Use your bone folder on all score lines. This is important to give you crisp clean lines.







4. Hold Cardstock so that 3 1/2" scoreline is horizontal and towards the bottom and the other 4 score lines are vertical. Cut on score lines on bottom end of spine see picture. Cut away the section increase the width by 1/8" on each side. This will make sure the total cut out section width be 3-1/2" high by 1/2" wide. (If you have increased the spine size, this will increase to 3/4".)










5. Use round corner punch to round the corner of the piece that will create you pockets. Just looks better. I like to use the retired SU punch I like the larger curve. Either one will do the job.




6. If you are planning to stamp on the over now is the time to do it. I prefer to decorate as you can see in all the samples that I have posted.

7. Using STICKY STRIP apply to the inside of sections A and adhere. Apply STICK STRIP to sections C to the inside front, adhere. NOTE: use bone folder to achieve the crisp folds.
























When decorating don't forget to add a piece of Designer Series Paper to the top of the note pad. In this photo I placed a piece of white paper so that you can see step #5 where the corner rounder was used.
These are pictures showing other ways to decorate I used the Jumbo Eyelets and Ribbon and Flower Punch and other accessories.












Hope you enjoy the tutorial and make sure you e-mail me a copy of your creations or at least a link. Thank you for stopping by...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this tutortial! I think these are really cute. I just tried one. Not the best, but will try again. Love your blog.

Unknown said...

Great folder and tutorial!

You got a shout out for tutorial of the week over at Card of the Week.com. You can check out the post at http://www.cardoftheweek.com/2008/07/tutorial-tues-1.html

New feature: as a featured artist, you can have a badge for your blog. Please email me at barefootstamper@gmail.com if you would like the code.

Anonymous said...

What a great tutorial!!! Love the step by step!
Stampin Jen,
Buy & Sell for Free
http://crafts.webstore.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Slide Show

Powered By Blogger
Powered by WebRing.