Sunday, March 9, 2008
March Monthly Card Kit
Good morning…this had been a wild ride here in Northern Kentucky we got about 15” of snow. I'll post some pictures of it. I have not seen my husband since Friday morning. He is keeping the runways clear at the CVG Airport.
Back to stamping’ this month’s featured stamper is Jackie Bolhuis and she has designed the March Card Kit Cards. This is one of my favorite stamp sets from the New Catalog.
I did make a few changes to the sample card and you can make changes to them too. One of my friends (Hi, Karen) used one of the card kits to make a birthday card that she needed the cardstock was pre-cut it was a snap. These card kits are the best you can use different stamp sets and add different embellishments and make them your own. They have helped me out in a pinch as have the Sketch Challenges Beate has every week.
1. Fold the Kraft paper in half using the bone folder then stamped randomly with VersaMark just to add some background.
2. Using the Paper Piercing tools go around the Wild Wasabi cardstock after adhering piece of Groovy Guava Designer Paper to it.
3. Added the awesome Wild Wasabi Striped Grosgrain Ribbon and then Dimensionals to the back to give depth.
4. Adhere it to the Kraft card stock as seen in photo.
5. On the Whisper White piece of card stock using the small Swirl stamp and Wild Wasabi Classic Ink stamp three times then with the small Flower using Groovy Guava Classic Ink stamp random flowers.
6. Ink up the large Flower with Purely Pomegranate Classic Ink and stamp 3 times; cut out with paper snips add dimentionals and place on stamped image.
7. Using the 2-Way Glue Pen
trace the flower images then add Dazzling Diamonds Glitter.
8.On Whisper White card stock stamp SO KIND in Purely Pomegranate Classic Ink, punch it out using the Key Tag Punch, with Wild Wasabi Classic Ink sponge around the edges then adhere to card just under corner of Purely Pomegranate.
9. Close up of the Flowers with Dazzling Diamond Glitter.