Friday, December 12, 2008

"Secret Elf" has been revealed......!!!

At school this year we did the the "Secret Elf" with staff members that wanted to participate. I got Connie our Principal. Yea, the pressure was on.....but, I had to be careful not to give myself away. For those like me that had never done this before here's the week in review. Maybe you could try this next year.

Monday - Something that Smells (candle, perfume, lotion)
Tuesday - Something you can touch (gloves, socks, jewelry)
Wednesday - Something you can hear (bells, whistle, CD)
Thursday - Something you can taste (chocolate, candy, cookies, fruit)
Friday - Something you can see (something they collect or enjoy)

We answers the questions above and they were given to your "Secret Elf" to assist them through the week. It was fun to get something every morning and try to figure out Who's your "Secret Elf". We all got to know each other a little better, today our "Secret Elves" were revealed. Connie started and she took a guess at to who was her Secret Elf for the week. She guessed me then it was my turn I had know idea it turned out to be Lynn she never let on all week.

On to the stamping.....Below you will see one of my M&M candy pillow boxes. The box is made with Acetate and the Stampin' Up! pillow box die for the Big Shot. Pillow Box #113466 $19.95

I tied SU Real Red Grosgrain 5/8" Ribbon around it and tied a bow. And I did not stop there, I added a little book with the Poem about the M&M's as how they relate to Christmas. I embossed with Sliver the star and peace. (stamp from a retired Hostess set Perfect Presentation)
For those of you that would like the poem here it is below:

As you hold these candies in your hand,
and turn then, you will see.....
The M becomes a W, an E and then a 3.

They tell the Christmas Story.
It's one I'm sure you know.
It took place in a stable a long, long, time ago.

The E is for the East,
where the star shone so bright.
The M is for the Manger,
where Baby Jesus slept that night.
The 3 is for the wise men,
Bearing gifts, they say they came.

W is for Worship, Hallelujah, praise His name.
So as you eat these candies,
or share them with your friends,
remember the meaning of Christmas.

It's a love story that never ends.


Enjoy and have a great day,

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Slide Show

Powered By Blogger
Powered by WebRing.